Playing electric guitar on a stage is not easy. When you are on a stage, you have to maintain a few technics, which will help you make the sound good while playing your guitar. Because many people will be listening to you. If you don't sound good, you will have to face an embarrassing situation.
You need to know a few technics to make your guitar sound good. This is just a trick, and if you are a musician, you must know those tricks. In the following, I will be discussing where to put volume pedal for swells?
Best place to put volume pedal for swells
The volume pedal should put after the overdrive or distortion part. There is one thing to remember that you should put the volume pedal before the time-based effects within the effect chain. This will help to make the sound better even for playing for a long time.
Here I will be setting an example of how you should put volume pedal for swells. A basic ambient pedal board starts with the tuner. The tuner needs to be connected before the optional compressor.
After that, the compressor needs to be connected with the overdrive then volume pedal. After that, the modulation panel. The modulation panel also needs to be connected with the delay then reverb.
There is no exact answer for where to put the volume pedal for swells. But if you want to create a good sound, you can follow these tips. I am pretty sure that this will make the sound a lot better.
What are guitar swells?
Guitar swells are killing switch for the initial attack of the strummed strings. To execute the initial invasion of the strummed strings, you have to adjust the volume tail end of the note with the help of volume pedal and other essential pedals like delay, reverb, eco etc. If you know about the guitar swells that will get the idea of where to put the volume pedal for swells.
Volume pedal placement tips
If you know the following tips for placing the volume pedal, I am so sure that you will be able to figure out where to put the volume pedal for swells?
- 1The main thing you should remember is to ' travel ' through the other pedals, the closer your pedal to the start (right) of the chain of effects.
- 2The second thing you should be careful about is the closer the volume pedal to the end of the effect chain (left side), the more the sound is cut when the expression pedal is reduced.
- 3A long trail is necessary to maintain the delay and reverb even after the volume pedal, which is optimal for long air swells, has been killed.
- 4Right technology requires the volume to swell in as soon as possible, but not too late for your note to be missed by the ' ring ' dynamic of the plucked note or chord.
- 5In that setup, ambient guitarists usually position the pedal so that the sound follows more naturally and produces a more detailed and atmospheric sounds.
- 6If the pedal is placed in such a position that, the signal can interact perfectly with the retardation, it is naturally decayed rather than cut off, like a kill switch.
Using compressor for swells
Using a compressor depends on how the guitar sustains. Having a compressor in the chain is very useful for perfect tone swells. A compressor will allow the note or chord to remain for a longer time. The delay pedal also helps to mix the sound perfectly with the compressor. A perfect timing of delay pedal will make the sound better than ever.
A compressor creates surrounded sound, which feels better in the hall room and help to engage more audience. There are many guitars out there that can naturally create compressed sound. A single-coil guitar is more can create the best sound, which is more characteristics.
The popularity of post-rock ambient tones is like the best combination of music. The best volume pedal is the main thing when creating the ambient sound of your guitar. If you don't have enough knowledge for placing the volume pedal correctly, you will have to face an awkward situation while performing.
The wrong placement of the volume pedal will produce a cheap tone. In this article, I have given you some idea about the perfect placement tips on how to place the volume pedal for swells, and I hope this will help you set the volume pedal correctly.